- Reach out to bloggers and offer to reach more people with their content via slideshare (learn how to use slideshare!)
- Work with software and offer a package where you come with the software and do it for them. e.g. Quick Books.
- Mat wrote a book detailing all the things his prospects could do / ways they could get ahead if they didn't hire him. Prospects saw he knew what he was talking about. But also saw it's a lot of work if they were to do it themselves. So who could do that for them? Mat.
- Mat then systemised all his advice, automated it, and found people who could do it. Charged clients monthly in part because of constant improvements that they could then be part of. Paid to be part of his platform.
- Got into Startup Chile without fancy degree or full "tech" credentials by leveraging his track record ("directed x# of site traffic to y site") and his network (DC, people he knows there and what value he has added to community).
Original post/podcast available here: http://www.tropicalmba.com/swas/
I have been listening to the Tropical MBA podcasts and feel they add great value. However, it is a bit of a pain to listen to a podcast for a number of reasons (time, cheesy intros/outros, inability to understand US accents/slang). Unlike SPI, TMBA does not currently include online transcripts, so I have taken my own notes as I listen to the podcasts (so that I would hopefully not have to listen to them again) and am sharing them here. They are things I find relevant, including my own thoughts that have been triggered from listening in.