Sunday 30 August 2015

Italians gone! and Hubud

Suddenly not hearing any Italian around the streets of Ubud any more. Plenty of Americans here though. They think I'm one of them. Then the awkward "where are you from" question....

Ubud seems to be a pretty friendly place. Upon walking into a bar alone late last night after rushing a deadline, I got invited to join a couple of friendly folks. I think one of them may have been one of the musicians performing at said bar.

I've mostly been meeting friendly traveling people at Hubud events though. Hubud is a very pleasant co-working space where I've taken a one-month membership. It's actually well set up and comfortable and I've been surprised at how productive I'm able to be there. There are obviously ample plug points (including for 3-pin!) and stable wifi. There are nice seats and (as someone else pointed out) right-height tables. Nice clean dry toilets with plenty of toilet roll. Of course there is a cafe with healthy options, but it really is a purpose-built co-working space and it shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment